Thursday 9th April
Woohoo! 3 more days and I’ll be home! It has really been a long time, yet it seems so fast! From today onwards, there will not be any class for us. So, I’m trying my very best to enjoy my last few days in Wuhan. Also, make use of our free time to sort all the things out! Yes, time to pack our bags!
Friday 10th April
Yay! There was a closing ceremony this morning, at Gui Yuan Restaurant. We had lunch with Dr Zhu, some local teachers and students and the principal. We were divided into 3 big tables again, for the last time that we’re eating together. And there was Certificate Giving Session, Dr. Zhu called our individual names and we collect the cert from the principal. Lunch was really pleasant, we chatted with RenPing, the local student about many topics, like the common fruits in Singapore, the ideal guy for Singaporean girls, and we made comparison between the Chinese and Singaporean situations. There were unexpected differences. Interesting conversations indeed.
Saturday 11th April
Are you just as amazed as I am right now? Our 6-week immersion program is coming to a full stop in just a day’s, or rather, a few hour’s time. I could still clearly remember how home sick I was on my first 2 weeks here. And now, it’s the 6th week, I’m finally slowly getting used to the life here, and ta-daa, it’s now waving goodbye to me.
I have really learnt many things here, much more than I have expected. Before I came, I merely thought of coming to study maths, visiting places I have not been to before, totally holiday mood. But oh-so-wrong, I have learnt things like ways to adapt myself to changes, settling problems without my parents helping me, dealing with my own financial issues, laundry, getting along well with my friends who are also facing the same situation as I do, and so much more that it’ll take a long time to list down all. I somehow have a feeling that I am becoming a complete grown-up now. I am not as afraid of staying away from my beloved parents as before. Yes, I ‘m sure this is an improvement for me. I have been worrying if my trip to wuhan will be a waste of money and time. Just by looking at the awesome 22 friends that I have made during the trip, it’s so true that this trip is not worthless but priceless. Yes, Dr. Zhu has done his job as a good teacher at the same time a guardian; he has taken really good care of us.
There had been bad times too, for example, failed to take care of my belongs and caused damages, failed to take care of my health and had caused sickness, failed to plan my finance and cause overspending of money and failed to be a good friend and caused conflicts, etc. From all these failures, I am making myself to change for the better; therefore, bad times are valuable experiences as well.
I am leaving for Singapore tomorrow, returning home. I am sure that I’ll miss this place that I have spent 6-weeks in, and I know that I’m going to remember this for all my life – THE FIRST TIME THAT I STAY AWAY FROM HOME FOR MORE THAN A MONTH WHEN I WAS 18. Good title.
Alright, mum and dad, see you tomorrow!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

0 comments:
Post a Comment